Wednesday, January 16, 2008

First prize

Actually, I got 12th place in last Friday's FNM but this is my first prize ever, since I started joining sanctioned competitive Magic. :) 50+ naman yung kasali, so this is a pretty decent finish, at least for me. Hehe. Thanks to Jovs for lending me sideboard cards. Hindi ko nagamit yung Extirpate, pero very useful ang Cryoclasm! :)



Got 160 PhP value for 120 PhP entrance fee... plus LRT & MRT fare... bawi lang. Hehe.

For my own personal log of games (and for other Magic players who might accidentally read this blog), here's my tourney report:

Round 1: Lost to a UR deck packed with Sulfur Elementals and Epochrasites. Kaya sana talunin, kung wala lang syang Pyroclasm.

Round 2: Won vs a mono-blue Illusion deck (Riftwing Cloudskate, Errant Ephemeron, Krovikan Mist). Nakaka-disrupt sya with bounce spells, pero my Goblins are too fast and too many for his deck.

Round 3: Won vs a Spinerock/Dragonstorm deck. Thanks to Gargadon! Almost lost in 1 game when I forgot to "sac all lands, attack with gargadon" until 1 turn later.

Round 4: Won vs a mono-white Kithkin deck. Note to self: Think of a solution to Dolmen Gate. Hmm. Maybe *I* should use it.

I ended up with a 3-1 record after 4 rounds, which is apparently good enough for a 12th place finish. :) I'll play again this coming Friday hehe.

The Morningtide pre-release is this coming weekend... Sana may Garruk sa Lorwyn Tournament Pack. Hehe.

No comments: