Thursday, May 7, 2009

FNM - Apr 17, 2009

I've been pretty busy with work lately, so I haven't been able to blog about my recent tourneys. Good thing I finally found an excuse to take a day off, and finally found some time to try to recall my recent mistakes, misplays and errors. LOL. Here's the first of three tourneys that I haven't blogged yet. I'll try to remember as much as I can, but since it's been a few weeks already, well... let's just say I'm going to trust what I wrote in my score sheets. ;-)


I planned to join the City Champs on that weekend, so I used the FNM to try to "playtest" the Blightning deck.

Round 1: vs. Esper Mannequin (won)

Things didn't start off well, as I mulliganed to 5. But I still kept enough pressure to put my opponent down to 2. However, a Mannequin'd Inkwell Leviathan sealed the deal, and I couldn't do anything against the shrouded trampling monstrosity. In game 2, I took the gamble and kept a 1-land hand of FOD, Hellspark & Ram-Gang. It paid off and I drew 2 lands in the next 2 turns, to easily beat my opponent. In game 3, I once again applied early beats and my opponent tried to delay the game with a Magister Sphinx, but he had no answers to my hasty army.

Game standing: 2-1
Match standing: 1-0


Round 2: vs. Bant Control (won)

Game 1 was pretty easy as I finished the game unscathed. In game 2, my opponent dropped 3 Stoic Angels throughout the course of the game, and I ran out of answers for that. In game 3, a crucial Everlasting Torment sealed the deal for my opponent, as he couldn't gain life off his Rhox War Monks.

Game standing: 4-2
Match standing: 2-0


Round 3: Naya Planeswalkers (lost)

What can you do when you're facing your opponent along side Ajani Vengeant, Garruk, Sarkhan Vol & Chandra? Scoop. In game 2, it was me who got burned, as my opponent accumulated a huge Banefire directed straight at my dome.

Game standing: 4-4
Match standing: 2-1


Round 4: RW Kithkin (won)

This was an easy matchup. I practically threw all my burn at my opponent in both games, on my way to a 3-1 finish.

Final game standing: 6-4
Final match standing: 3-1

No comments: