Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pre-Conflux Standard - Jan 10, 2009

The tournament was held two weeks ago, and I never had the chance to blog about it due to a busy schedule and a bout of food poisoning. Basically, coming unprepared and unaware of the new metagame, my Elves deck did very poorly.

Round 1: vs. UB Faeries (lost)

I remember being pretty happy to have a relatively good matchup in the first round. Games 1 and 2 were won by whomever had the Colossus. In the first game it was him, via Sower. In the second game, it was all mine. But in the end, I lost in an extremely close game 3, having my opponent at 1 life, and praying for that Profane topdeck, it never went out and my opponent eventually got back in the game and beat me with 3 Scion of Oona's and a Mistbind Clique.

Game standing: 1-2
Match standing: 0-1


Round 2: vs. WW Kithkin (lost)

After losing to a favorable matchup, I was disappointed to face the bane of my deck -- Kithkins. And I proved to be right, as I got two quick awful losses.

Game standing: 1-4
Match standing: 0-2


Round 3: vs. BGW Doran (won)

Round 3 was the exact opposite of round 2, as I easily beat my opponent, who is obviously not very much familiar with his deck yet.

Game standing: 3-4
Match standing: 1-2


Round 4: vs. RW Giant deck (lost)

I got faced off against a rogue deck. Initially I thought it was the so-called "Boat Brew" deck, which is basically RW Reveillark, but I got demolished by a bunch of Furystoke Giants and Cloudgoat Rangers.

Game standing: 3-6
Match standing: 1-3 (drop)

No comments: